Competency and Behavioral Based Interviewing
Hiring quality employees is one of the most critical tasks in any organization. The basis of effective interviewing is asking the right questions. In this program, participants will learn the art of interviewing systematically to get the information that is most critical for job performance and ensure the working partnership is mutually beneficial. Identify competencies associated with the job, conduct interviews, and practice recruiting and evaluating candidates.
This Course Starts in:
All sessions are at the same time each week.
Introduction to Behavioral Interviewing
- May 11, 2021
- The interview is the most important step in the hiring process. The goal of the interview is to identify and select candidates whose skills, experience, and behaviors align with the job role. Moreover, you want to make sure the candidate’s personality, interests, and values match the culture and mission of the organization. In this session, we discuss techniques you can use to ensure fair and accurate interviewing, evaluation, and selection.
Defining the Job and Candidate
- May 18, 2021
- One of the first tasks on the “To Do” list for hiring new employees is to determine the qualifications and characteristics of the ideal candidate. This is not an easy task; however, the behavioral interviewing process is specifically designed to simplify it. In this session, we provide you with a competency-based approach to identify the requirements for the job.
- May 25, 2021
- The goal of behavioral interview questions is to gain information about the candidate’s past experience that reflects the job-related competencies. In this session, we use a hands-on approach to help you develop practical behavioral interview questions. Based on the S.T.A.R. method, you will create questions that encourage candidates to respond in a story form. We will also provide you with tools and approaches to help you evaluate the candidate’s responses.
- June 1, 2021
- Preparing for and conducting the interview is another critical task. In addition to having a detailed understanding of the position, competencies necessary for success, questions, and evaluation scale, interviewers must be clear on what is expected of them in their role. In this session, we discuss the details of the interview process, including making the candidate comfortable, listening, note-taking, and more. We also provide you with best practices to ensure a successful interview for candidates and interviewers.
Making the Decision
- June 8, 2021
- Making the decision to hire, or not hire a candidate is critical. Many factors must be carefully considered and evaluated before the hiring decision is made. In this session, we discuss in detail the ins and outs of the decision-making process. We also provide you proven, practical approaches to ensure the process is fair, legal, accurate, and thorough to select the best candidate for the job.