In today’s corporate world, a basic working knowledge of financial statements and calculations is necessary to make sound decisions about all aspects of a business. In this course, you learn to quantify your department’s contribution to the organization—and your own. We will not only explore the different statements and terms needed to understand the financial health of your organization, but we will also run simulations that will help you to put these learned skills into practice.
This Course Starts in:
All sessions are at the same time each week.
Financial Intelligence Foundations
- November 21, 2022
- As leaders, it is important to understand the basic concepts of financial intelligence. We will explore the use of an income statement, a balance sheet, and a cash flow statement for non-financial leaders.
The Balance Sheet
- November 28, 2022
- In this session, we will establish a basic balance sheet as well as identify several key terms that are essential for financial intelligence.
The Income Statement
- December 5, 2022
- During this session, we will track the organization’s sales and complete an income statement. We will also establish working definitions for retained earnings, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and labor expenses.
The Cash Flow Statement
- December 12, 2022
- In this session, we will identify the purpose and uses of a cash flow statement.
10-K, ROI, and ROA
- December 19, 2022
- This session is designed to bring everything we have learned so far in this course together. We will explore how to read an organization’s 10-K (quarterly statements) and why tracking ROI (return on investment) and ROA (return on assets) is important.