In today’s corporate world, a basic working knowledge of financial statements and calculations is necessary to make sound decisions about all aspects of a business. In this course, you learn to quantify your department’s contribution to the organization—and your own. We will not only explore the different statements and terms needed to understand the financial health of your organization, but we will also run simulations that will help you put these learned skills into practice.
This Course Starts in:
All sessions are at the same time each week.
Budgeting, Planning, and Income Statements
- September 7, 2021
- As business leaders or leaders of our own organization, we need to understand the basic concepts of financial intelligence. In this session, we will explore the importance of budgeting, planning, and income statements.
Simulation: Income Statement
- September 14, 2021
- In this session, participants will take part of a simulation where they run a fictitious organization for a period of nine months. Each participant will track the organization’s sales and complete an income statement.
Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement
- September 21, 2021
- In this session, we will explore two financial instruments that are critical in any business. Participants will examine a balance sheet and how to use it, as well as identify the purpose and uses of a cash flow statement.
Simulation: Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement
- September 28, 2021
- In this session, participants will take part in another simulation where they run a fictitious organization for a period of 12 months. Each participant will track the organization’s sales to complete an income statement, a balance sheet, and a cash flow statement.
10-K, ROI, and ROA
- October 5, 2021
- This session is designed to bring everything we have learned so far in this course together. We will explore how to read an organization’s 10-K (quarterly statements) and why tracking ROI (return on investment) and ROA (return on assets) is important.